Wednesday, January 6, 2010

School...Ug!

And yes, i did just type Ug! Well considering that my family and i are venturing into the unknown wilderness of Hawaii for 2+ weeks, i figured i might want to get some school work done before hand. I take that back! i wish i didn't have any school work to accomplish now. I am human so i have to right to complain for a second. A STACK! of worksheets from Spanish. A project in LA, Multiple take home tests from Govt and more and several more packets from another class (forgot its name). Oh well. I will get over it.

I had a funny conversation with a friend of mine today. We were talking about our newly developed blogs and she told me that she was going to read mine. Obviously i got all excited! Well, before i begin this next bit you need to understand something about her. She and i don't always see eye to eye on political issues and others. Its a lot of fun in our Govt class but I'm not usually as blunt there as i am and will be in this blog. So...after all the excitement came i realized that i was going to have to block her from this blog. Yes it is terrible, but action needs to be taken. Consequently, i have not blocked her and cannot wait to hear what she has to say. :)

I am reading this book that is completely against my character. It is entitled, The Art of Raising Parents. Its a short read and very funny but it talks about being a better child for your parents and cutting them some slack and actually serving them! I mean, What is this? Well, i was about to throw the book down when i saw the title of the next chapter. Using Parent Psychology. I was curious. I read and discovered that if i would obey my parents and say nice things to them (that are sincere) we would have a better relationship and they wouldn't feel pressured to set up so many fences (rules). BRILLIANT! I see now that i am not a very smart child. Now just to clear things up, i will struggle with this old ideology but i will succeed if it means that i get something out of it. And that was a scenario of the wrong attitude to have. OK i guess i will just try it out and report later.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! Thanks for the laughs.

    McKenna

    P.S We NEED to have you come stay with us and meet a certain someone.... <3 lol

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete