Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hawaii

IM BACK! OMGoodness. That was the craziest time of my life. (and that would be the actress in me coming out) OK so the plane rides were terrible. If any of you doubt me then you just try taking 9 kids and 2 paranoid parents around the Portland, Salt Lake, LA airports and have a peaceful, joyous time. The best time was when mom drugged the little kids. This also happened to my cousin, Mckenna. My father drugged her on the plane ride back from Hawaii. :) Also, you know when you can feel people grumbling about you behind your back? yes well i perfected giving evil glares targeted at old people who should been mature enough to keep their mouths shut. By the way i have decided that marrying a pilot is the best course of action for me. They are extremely intelligent and have the coolest job ever. They also have a lot of responsibility. The only problem was that they are all old. Oh well a girl can dream.

Hawaii. So here is what happens. You sweat all night in your condo that has a broken AC unit and then you wake up and eat breakfast in chaos AND THEN you go sun tanning and try to tune out your nagging mother that wants you to go sight seeing. Nah! I was all about getting a tan even though you had to keep your eyes closed when you are around the pool otherwise you are in for some ugly pictures. Let me explain. You see, Hawaii (especially the big island) is where snow birds like to go. Old people who think their rotting bodies cant stand the winter. Yes them. They come to the condos and sit around the pool all day and enjoy the sun. I don't have anything against them doing this but i really must insist that the old hairy guys KEEP THEIR SHIRTS ON! Can you say nasty?
Snorkeling was great! Although when one has a well functioning imagination like me it can be scary because i was always thinking that a shark was going to swim up and bite my legs of. Its didn't happen but who knows if i had stayed in the water a moment longer....:) We went on the snorkeling cruise to Captain Cooks Cove. It was beautiful. And the captain looked like George Clooney, which was a bonus. Well, on the way back we saw so many whales. I swear! it had to be mating season because the dude whales where hitting the tales against the water like crazy waiting for the girls to see. Showoffs. We got about 20 feet away from this huge guy that was giving us quite a show. WOW! its was soo much better than any whale watching boat could have done. The captain said that that was one of the best whales shows he had ever seen. All in all it was worth all the money i could have spent on stuff.
It was a great trip and worth it. I recommend it. I have many other stories but my hands are tired and i have to go. Thanks :)

5 comments:

  1. Lani You're so mean! Leave the poor ol' folk alone. Also your Mom isn't crazy for wanting to go sightseeing either. Sure relaxing is incredibly nice, but getting to know Hawaii by exploring is awesome. Where has your lust for adventure gone!???!?! lol :):D

    Yeah, I hear many stories about being drugged........

    I'm glad you had a great time.

    McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lani-
    Glad to hear about all the fun in Hawaii. I'm sure the old people were pretty entertaining to watch. I'm jealous you got to see whales so closely. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did my comment get sent to you or not?

    Cheers,
    Abe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it didn't.....

    I thought I had posted a comment last night on your blog....but something must have happened to it when I tried to post it.

    Basically, I said...."My dear Lani, Aren't you being a little rough on the older folks with 'rotting bodies'?". Love the Blog...I have linked you to our blog - abfoxden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Abe. Yes it is true, i am very hard on the old people. Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete